The MBA delivered at Western College, Sri Lanka is a part-time programme for business professionals preparing to become senior managers. Its focus is on the development of knowledge and understanding of strategic management issues in order to reflect on and improve business and management practice. The programme is designed to dovetail with the demands of a full-time job.
No matter what part of industry or commerce you work in, the Part-time MBA course will assist you in gaining a critical understanding of the problems and challenges facing enterprises and organisations and equip you with the analytical and critical faculties to identify potential solutions. These qualities are sought by prestigious employers.
DISTINCTIVE FEATURES AT WESTERN COLLEGE
- The MBA is designed for business professionals preparing to become senior managers.
- It is delivered by an experienced and qualified local lectures and industry experts.
- Students will have direct access to the Universities learning management system.
- Students have access to an extensive online library comprising of text books and journals
- Local and foreign residential to improve non cognitive skills of Students (such as Team work, Interpersonal Skills, Corporate Ethics, Etiquette and communication skills.)
- Membership to the international Alumni of the University of Bolton.
- Industry workshops with reputed organizations.
- Premium Quality learning spaces, resources and technologies
Teaching & Learning
Each module is delivered in 6-8 weeks blocks with industry sessions and one day assignment clinic. As well as traditional teaching methods, your learning will be enhanced through guest speakers, case studies and visits, while giving you an insight into a range of business and management practices, and allowing you to critically reflect on your own experiences.
The University of Bolton Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) will support your learning, with course materials and links to key resources available online. The VLE will also allow you to engage in additional learning activities and take part in discussions remotely.
Careers & Professional Development
In recent years Bolton graduates have gone on to a wide range of Senior management roles in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Others have opted to commence studying for a research degree (MPhil, DBA or PhD).